Having people over for dinner, but don’t have time for that overly-complicated meal you found in a cookbook? Then try this recipe and impress your friends and family with its deliciousness.
2 cups all-purpose flour for coating
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (4 pound) chicken, cut into pieces
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 cup white wine
2 cups fresh mushrooms, quartered
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a plastic bag. Shake the chicken pieces in flour until coated. Heat the oil in a large skillet (one that has a cover/lid). Fry the chicken pieces until they are browned on both sides. Remove from skillet.
- Add the onion, garlic and bell pepper to the skillet and sauté until the onion is slightly browned. Return the chicken to the skillet and add the tomatoes, oregano and wine.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes over medium low heat.
- Add the mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Used Perdue SimplySmart lightly breaded chicken cutlets
- Seasoned flour and coated frozen chicken cutlets-brown on both sides and remove
- Substitute wine for chicken broth. Use about a cup for more sauce
- Cook the veggies and add soy sauce and sugar. Cook down for about 20 minutes
- Thicken the sauce with cornstarch, then add the chicken back to the pan to simmer for a few minutes
- Serve with buttered noodles and garnish with basil